Saturday, December 13, 2008

Cutting the Tree

My Dad has a small tree farm... very simple and mostly unmanicured. We braved the cold, rotten weather today and headed over there to pick out our Christmas tree.

Grandpa pulled out the heavy-duty equipment to get the job done! Lindsey was not too sure about the noisy chainsaw.

Baby, it's cold outside!!






This picture makes me laugh... Ken is wearing one of the kids' stocking hats. Kyle is literally hanging Lindsey. And I'm not really sure what Grandpa and Kaycie were up to back there!

Oh, it's family... and we love em!



Ken's dragging the tree back to the truck. He only had a little time before he needed to get back to work, thus the safety vest.



We got to the house and Grandma had hot cocoa mugs ready for everyone. And the fire was blazing away... it feels so nice to warm up to a wood stove!


Now I can hardly wait to get our odd little tree decorated with pretty lights and homemade ornaments!

4 comments:

  1. How much fun it looks like all of you had! Can't wait to see how the tree looks. Enjoy this time! blessings, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun! When I was growing up we would go cut down our tree and it was such a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice tree. Looks like you had fun. We went down to the church lot and bought ours this year it is pretty nice, plus it a great fund raiser.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love it! Your such a beautiful family. I miss you all so much. I love that I can see everything you did. the view of the river is gorgeous! and yes, she will hate that pic later! LOL!

    ReplyDelete