Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Fabric Scrap Ornaments





Ok, just say it...
I know, I know... I have too much time on my hands these days!

With the 3 older kids at school and Lindsey down for naps in the afternoons, what am I to do?

I can only sweep and fold laundry so much.
So I either bake or craft.

I found these cute ornaments using fabric scraps over at http://www.theskyispink.blogspot.com/
She's a crafty mom with 6 adorable kids.

So I gave it a shot... and I think they turned out pretty cute!


I first started out making the round ones. Super easy.

Just strips of fabric sewed WRONG sides together to give it the scrappy, frayed look. Back it with some fabric. Cut into circle and stitch the outside with the ribbon inserted for the hanger. I stuffed mine with a little poly-fil to make them "plump".

Then I decided to try making a tree shape. Still easy just took a little more time.


I made my own pattern on paper and cut the fabric strips from that. I didn't stuff this one.
Well, that's what I did this afternoon... now I guess I better go sweep my floors and get that laundry folded that is sneering at me from the couch!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, they are so cute. I love that you plumped them up a bit. And the Christmas tree is adorable! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are very cute!!! good for you for taking time to sew rather than sweep and fold laundry. you obviously made the right choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable!!! I so want to do this. I think it's fabulous that you have so much time to do all these things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so cute, Lisa. They will really look great on the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey you won my little bag! so send me your address to my email vanessa.christenson@gmail.com so i can send you your cute little purse

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa these ornaments turned out so cute! Way to go. And I just came from V and Co. Way to go!! I still have yet to win a giveaway. One day. :) I always love your cheerful comments. Thanks. (and I still need your email address!: smartmom4[at]gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete