This morning I was sitting here looking at the Christmas tree all lit up and thinking how beautiful it is.
As I gazed at the decorations adorning the branches I began to wonder if other families have some of the same ornaments on their tree. Those precious little handmade trinkets created by the children. I would not want a tree covered in store bought ornaments with a "theme" or a tree that doesn't provoke memories and laughter each year when the kids open the ornament box. It's a big deal in our home... decorating the tree. One by one the ornaments arise out of our red and green tote. And one by one we talk and reminisce about which child made it or what grade they were in.
Probably 90% of our decorations are homemade. And....
I LOVE IT!!!
Paper snowflakes and hand painted glass balls.
The woven ribbon wreath that Ryan thinks is horrible but of course Mom adores it.
The sparkly beaded tree made of safety pins.
Kaycie's handprint Santa. And next to that is a clay boy made by Kyle.

And every tree needs toilet paper roll angels!!

Pipe cleaners... almost as great as duct tape.
I love picture ornaments.
You have to have a nativity made of craft sticks.

A beautiful angel made by Ken's grandma the year we were married.



I love all your handmade ornaments. I have a lot of those on my tree as well and they really are special. They bring back so many wonderful memories!
ReplyDeleteLove your thoughts on the tree Lisa. Our tree has no theme either and I absolutely LOVE IT. We let the boys decorate it and it could not be prettier. Have a very Merry Christmas. Love Becky
ReplyDeleteI hope you had a Merry Christmas Lisa.
ReplyDeleteLove Ya
Marla