Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Wreath Decorating

Hi everyone,

I hope you all are having a peaceful Christmas season so far. We are taking the time to read our nativity book in the evenings, to listen to Christmas music in the car, and to enjoy the twinkly lights in our home.

It's so nice to slow down a bit and remember the true reason we have Christmas...
That little baby that was born in a dirty manger.

That boy who grew up working with his Dad in the woodshop.

That young man who healed lame, sick, blind, diseased and even dead people.

That Savior who allowed Himself to be nailed to a wooden cross, all because He loved Me and You. To keep us from having to suffer a horrible death and eternity.

And that Redeemer who brought Himself out of death and is now preparing a place for us in Heaven, just so we can live with Him and worship Him forever!
At times I can hardly wait... the anticipation of what that day will be like is so great!!


Last night the kids spent some time putting together some wreaths to decorate our house with. My Mom had bought all the goodies for them to use. I had some other things (ribbon, bows, and their previously made gingerbread boys) for them to add also.
They turned out very pretty!





4 comments:

  1. They did a fantastic job. They're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at all those missing teeth! I can't believe how big they are getting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute Lisa, what a fun idea for a craft. I am looking forward to school being out for 2 weeks and then maybe the boys and I will have time to do a few crafts of our own. Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! You are so wonderful. I need some lessons.

    ReplyDelete