Saturday, January 3, 2009

Favorites, Family & Friends

Hello everybody---

hope you all have had a good start to the new year.

We had a nice Christmas that seems to never end (which is Ok with me). I like when it gets spread out over time.

My Mom called and said that my gift got overlooked on Christmas morning. It seems it was stuck in the bottom branches of her tree and when she was taking ornaments off she found it.

So I get another gift the next time we head down her way!

Here are a few pics of some of the kids' favorite gifts:

Ryan got a new fishing pole, tackle box and some gear. What's sad is he hasn't even been able to use it yet with all the snow melt and rain, the river is raging wild!



Kaycie's new bike... it was time, she has been riding a toddler size bike. As you can see, she was very excited. (sorry the picture is so dark)


She also got a brand new Bible... with her whole name engraved on the front cover! (that was very important to her). Ya know, she is 7 now and can read it all by herself!... my baby girl is growing up!




Bear got a new bike also. Being the 2nd son and only 2 years between him and Ryan, he gets alot of hand-me-downs. Which is OK most of the time, but Ken and I try to be aware of this also. He deserves new things too. So a new bike is a big deal for him! I loved the look on his face when his Dad brought it through the door!


The kids got Daddy a heated back massager for his recliner... He loves it! Good idea kids! Although I think it has a hidden "sleep" setting because when he sits down and turns it on... Boom, just like magic ... He's out and the sound of Daddy snoring fills the house.

These large Lego blocks are so great... just for toddler hands and easy to use. I love the wagon that they come in... she pulls it around and makes little stacks of legos all over. When Ryan turned 1, he got some of these and the 3 older kids played with those forever. After Kaycie outgrew them, we passed them along to the church nursery. Then little Surprise Lindsey came along. When Ken and I saw these toddler legos in the store we knew right away what Lindsey was going to get!

An antique music box from Switzerland. It is so pretty!




With their cousin that we don't see nearly enough ... these guys always have soooo much fun together!




A friend of mine (with 4 kids also) came to visit the other day. We tried to get a good shot of all 8 kids together but ya know how that goes! Lindsey would not smile, and Kyle was just being silly!

Try #2: Lindsey still not smiling and Kyle looking away. I actually took 5 shots but could not get them all to smile and look "nice". Notice Kaycie and Brooke (pink shirt).. models in the making or what?


Ok fine!!! Silly picture.....




Lindsey STILL not smiling! Actually I don't think she even moved through the photo shoot! What a bunch of goofs!!!


What is this? Is it actually a good picture of Kyle? I can't believe my eyes... Is he really looking at the camera and smiling (a little)? No way!!!
What a handsome son I have!! That's him... my good-lookin' Bear!

As I look back over this post, I realize how so blessed we are! We were able to buy gifts for our children, we have wonderful family and friends, and we have love!

Thank you God for the gifts You give to us... the everyday blessings and the miraculous grace You so freely give!

5 comments:

  1. The pictures of your kids are priceless. I think the group shots are always better when not everyone is perfectly poised. And some are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you and your blog. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, thanks so much for sharing the pictures of your kids with their gifts. It is really fun to see their excitement!
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always like the goofy shots better...it shows their true colors! LOL:) Better write on those pictures...you'll never know who's behnd the foot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post Lisa I am glad to hear you had a good Chrstmas. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Becky

    ReplyDelete