Friday, January 23, 2009

The Hens are Happy

Now I know this is weird for those of you who do not have chickens, but for those of you who do, I know you understand!
My hens are happy! Maybe it's the days getting a little bit longer, maybe it's the sunshine we've been having, whatever it is, I'm happy too.

At one point I had 12 hens. I am down to only 5 because of various reasons (wild critters having meals, sickness and disease). But these 5 are giving me 3 eggs every day for the past week and a 1/2.

Isn't that a pretty sight?! ya know, you have to agree with me. And there is another 1/2 dozen in the frig.
The best part is Ruth is laying again. That's the Araucana, she lays the greenish eggs. I was worried that she was done with the whole producing eggs business but she has surprised us with getting back on the "bandwagon". Good girl!

Ok sorry for the weird, country girl, hillbilly, hick, backwoods talk!

And another interesting animal talent:


Lindsey spotted Diego up in the tree this morning. So we watched him for awhile as he climbed around in those little branches way up high.

As i watched him, I began to ponder the amazing talents God has provided to different animals. I'm glad that I was not responsible for creation. How boring it would be!!
But yet His creation was accomplished in only a few days! That's amazing!
Think of the anteater, the rhino, the giraffe, whales, monkeys. They all have unusual distinctive qualities that only God could have dreamed up!
Really think about it! Kinda mind boggling all the ways He designed the critters of this earth.

4 comments:

  1. Lisa I love to hear your thoughts, you are so right about gods creation. Happy to hear your hens are laying for you. Carson is wanting to get some chickens so we need to get a coupe built for some.Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I found your blog. I love your chickens. I love your love of eggs, and kitties and especially your children. It is amazing beyond words and comprehension what God has done including giving us the capacity to love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, i need some chickens! I miss farm fresh eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's not to love about chickens, lol? It doesn't matter that we usually get some type of egg every day (even in the winter). It never ceases to amaze me. I know just how you feel.

    ReplyDelete