
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
I was in bed by 10:30. (Does this mean I'm getting old?)
I just couldn't do it till midnight, the kids were begging to stay up but my eyelids were drooping and pleading for sleep!
I did allow the boys the option of staying on their beds and reading until midnight as long as they went to bed right after 12:00.
Ryan opted to go to sleep but stubborn Bear was determined to stay up till the clock struck 12. I'm not sure if he made it or not.... it's 8:30 am and he has not arose from his warm bed yet.
I've never set new years resolutions but a friend suggested the idea of planning ahead with some goals... i like that much better. (Thanks Terri) Even though it's the same thing, I think the word "goals" sounds so much better than "resolutions"!!
------------------------------------------------------------
My goals for 2009:
Spiritual-----
pray for my family more often
find a home church to get established in
share Jesus with family that don't know Him
keep a Bible reading schedule with the kids
focus on the blessings I have and not on the ones I want
Home---
bake our bread
try my hand at organic gardening
stay on a better grocery budget
be hospitable, have people over for dinner, game nights, etc. (although this means making some friends here, but hopefully finding a home church will help me accomplish this goal)
Personal---
Oh , the big one, I'm sure you know what it is, i think we all try this one every year...
Have you guessed it yet?.................
EXCERCISE MORE AND EAT BETTER!!!
I'd like to lose those 10 pounds that are hangin on after having Lindsey. Plus I just want to feel healthier.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Those all seem do-able. I'm happy with my list and i'm ready to jump in and start this year with a renewed spirit.
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year Holiday.

Great goals Lisa. I should have made some for myself. I will be praying for you. Happy New Year.
ReplyDeletelove ya
Marla
Wonderful goals and I hope you accomplish each one! May the new year bring everything good your way! blessings, Kathleen
ReplyDeleteWhen we garden we get exercise, and a better grocery budget all in one fell swoop!
ReplyDeleteWhen you say "home church" do you mean churching in homes?
Words are funny aren't they, I struggle with things I call goals. Maybe it comes from my soccer career and the postition I often played, being a goalie makes you kinda anti goals.
We're getting some more snow tonight but it is supposed to really warm up even in the mountains and start to flood this week.
I almost have my first seed order for Territorial ready!
Happy New Year, Lisa! I was asleep by 8:15 so I'm definitely not a party gal.
ReplyDeleteI like your goals! :-)
Hey sounds alot like mine:) LOL!
ReplyDelete