I finally broke down and took her into a salon to do the "deed". Not an easy thing to do considering she has the most beautiful wavy, blonde hair that hangs down her back.
I almost backed out as the lady was putting Kaycie's hair into low ponytails to cut. But then I thought of why Kaycie has chosen to do this. Her hair will continue to grow and be beautiful but some little girl out there is battling cancer and has lost all her hair. What could be a better blessing than to receive a wonderful hairpiece when you have none?
& then.... "snip" there went the first one... no turning back now!
I am so proud of her!! She was so excited, she was actually giddy! The smile on her face was as huge as the sky!
And now that her hair is short, and I've had some time to really look it over, I LIKE IT! It's cute.
Kaycie's words, " Now I'm going to grow it out again and do this again and again and again. Over and over!"
What mommy wouldn't be proud of that?
Before
After
the lighting was weird in the salon. She looks jaundiced!
On a similar note, check out http://www.freerice.com/ .
Ryan's teacher told the kids about this site... it's great practice for the kids (or you) in Geography, Math, Foreign Language, English, Science. You answer multiple choice questions and for each one answered correctly, 10 grains of rice are donated to the World Hunger Fund. In just about 1/2 hour we had "donated" 4000 grains of rice. I know that really that is not alot of rice but at least it's something.And in the meantime the kids were practicing math and English grammar! Kinda cool!
I love, love, love the haircut! She looks adorable. What a wonderful thing she did! My brother-in-law who has hair down his back - I know, I know - did this once. :-)
ReplyDeleteThat is great! Her hair looks good, I like it too. What a beautiful girl you have lisa...inside out!
ReplyDeleteGod Job Kaycie. My girls did that to. You look beautiful.
ReplyDeleteWay to go Kaycie! My girls have always treasured the memories of giving up their hair!
ReplyDeleteKaycie I love your new haircut and I am proud of you for being so generous with something that is so beautiful on you.Becky
ReplyDeleteGreat Job Kaycie! The new haircut looks amazing.
ReplyDeleteBless your heart Kaycie! You have done a wonderul thing and your haircut is precious. And mom...bless your heart for being so brave! Blessings,Kathleen
ReplyDelete