Wednesday, January 7, 2009

"Little House" Love

Do you remember being in love with "Little House on the Prairie"? I was totally enamored with the whole TV series, and to be honest, I still am.
Really, these days, what is on TV that is completely good for the whole family to watch? Make that a Big NOTHING!!
Even if you are watching a decent show, then along come the commercials! Oh my. It's awful some of the commercials that pop up before your eyes (and ears)!
I enjoy watching the reruns of Little House. My kids enjoy it also. Especially Kaycie.


So recently I found the boxed set of Little House books and we have started reading through them. I had forgotten how much I love these stories.
I remember reading the series when I was about 10 or 11 years old. The love I had for these stories is coming back to me as I'm reading them to the kids.



The illustrations are so cute!

This one is Kaycie's favorite so far... it's from a chapter about hog butchering day. Do you know what the ball that Mary and Laura are playing with is made from?

It's the hogs bladder!

I like that these books are really history lessons hidden in great story-telling. The kids are learning some things about pioneer life and what that was like.

We all look forward to the time spent in the evenings reading these books. I'm so glad that I found them.

5 comments:

  1. These are wonderful books and so good to read together! Hope you all enjoy them. blessings, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those books too. I loved them even more when we did family read aloud with them. Sometimes it makes me a little sad when the girls grab a book that I have loved and read it all to themselves. But I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my mom has 1/2 the set. I never read them, but should I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never did read those but Brittney has read every single one. She loves them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We LOVE those books. The writing is so good. I read them all as a kid and have thoroughly enjoyed reading them again as an adult and seeing them through the eyes of a parent. (Like I would love to know Pa and Ma's secret for teaching their kids to never talk back to them! :)

    And amen to what you said about TV. There really is nothing on to watch as a whole family. So sad.

    I'm glad your little package came. I hope that it is a fun project and not some random, weird thing that showed up in your mail box. :)

    ReplyDelete