Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New-found Inspiration


We have recently started going to a small community church about 15 minutes away. (That makes 5 different churches in our church search!) I'm really hoping and praying that this is the one that God wants our family to call "our church".

The ladies there have a group called the Dorcas Circle (referring to Acts 9: 36-43). They meet every Monday morning to quilt, stitch or do whatever projects they want to work on. It's open to all the ladies of the church.

I decided to try it out... not knowing how it would work with Lindsey being there.

It was fun! There were a couple other small ones for Lindsey to play with! I actually got some of my stitching worked on! Everybody pitches in to have a potluck lunch!

The fellowship was great! We stuffed some pillows to donate to the local hospital and then began working on individual projects.

I do believe this has motivated me to really buckle down and get my 1/2- done projects completed.

Plus I've received a wonderful package from a sweet blog friend to put together an American flag Quilt! I'm determined that I have to finish some things before I begin work on it.


So here I go...

the dining room table will disappear once again, not to be seen for awhile.

The little snipped threads will show up EVERYWHERE... clothes, floor, towels, furniture, etc.

The hum and buzzing of the sewing machine will lull me into a crafty focus.

Ken will have to provide a source of approval each evening when I share my handiwork.


Wish me good luck on my crafty mission!!

5 comments:

  1. awe yes the husband aproval of your craft....so necessary. I love it. I have recently been inspired to get all my 1/2 projects done too. My brother pitchingin to help. glenn makes me want to get thngs done. He's always right there beside me to help push my projects forward. Good luck and keep me posted on your works :) I love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, congratulations on your precious new niece! I love your goals to get your projects done! So glad you found the right place to worship and have fellowship! Good luck on your projects! blessings, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you found inspiration among the women, I always am glad of the inspiration I find in others, must be why I am hooked on this bloggy thing. Real people are so much more inspiring and interesting than a slick magazine with "experts."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find it so much easier to be inspired when others around me are crafting too. That's great that you found a local group.

    BTW, how did the meeting with the teacher go?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you Lisa! I think that you will be very glad that you finished your quilt. Your great, great grandkids will probably see them as heirlooms! :)

    ReplyDelete