Friday, January 23, 2009

Quilt Labeling?


I added a label to the back of the baby quilt that I recently finished. I'm not sure if I did it "properly".

I used a fabric marking pencil to write on some fabric left over from the quilt, then just did a basic hand stitching. Then folded the sides in, and applied some fusible web. Ironed that to the quilt.

Then I slipstitched it on to be sure it was secure.

Ok, now a question for you quilters out there:

How do you label your quilts? Any instructions I could use in the future?

4 comments:

  1. I think you did fine. I've actually never labeled mine - of course, I've only done 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a precious project you have done! No advice my quilt making is still in the "fabric scraps in boxes and quilt books marked but on shelf" stage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job. You can buy labels to put on a quilt, however, I draw up what I like and then embroider it on. Sometimes, I might write a special note to the one I am giving it to. Blessings, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. embroidering it on is really pretty. My Grandma just hand stitches right into the quilt. I'll ask sherri tinnes hwo she likes to do it best :)

    ReplyDelete