Monday, October 13, 2008

Back To Lovely Reality!

Hi, y'all,
I'm home from my girls weekend away, and I had a great time.
My wonderful friend, Marla, took me to lunch for my birthday at Red Lobster. I had never eaten there, and yummmy. Boy, that shrimp was sooooo good! (Thanks Marla, love ya)
Then on to Portland for the Women of Faith conference.
This was my 4th time going and I do have to say that this year the conference meant the most to me. It's always good but this time the speakers and music just seemed to touch my heart and speak to me on a personal level. God was really speaking to me and making me think on some things in my life.
The music was awesome! Nicole C. Mullen:let me just say, HOLY COW!!! Huge talent in a little teeny body. She lifted the roof off the building!
And then Mandisa: Wow! She has quite a testimony about her American Idol days. What a wonderful women she is with such a powerful voice!
The drama skits by Nicole Johnson were great. She really knows how to use her God-given talent to speak to women of all ages.

The girls and I did some shopping. I was very good! I only bought 2 shirts, and some unmentionables that were much needed! I also got some Moose Munch at Harry & David. If you don't know what Moose Munch is then I'm truly sorry you've never experienced it.
It's the best caramel popcorn in many options of flavors. I bought the Caramel Apple Flavor, Original Milk Chocolate, and White Chocolate Macadamia.

This was the first time away from Lindsey. 2 nights without her!! I enjoyed my weekend away but was ready to come home to my rugrats yesterday. Lindsey did great, Grandma was here with the kids since Ken had to work (he also had the Oregon State game to go to). Grandma said that all the kids were excellent. Thank God!

I'm already looking forward to next year!

2 comments:

  1. Awsome glad to see that you had an awsome time. Good to see that God spoke to all of ya. I have to say that I am jealious though. I would love to see Mandisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so I do have to agree with david! I am jelous too! I want to see Mandisa I like her alot she rocks! But im glad you had fun!!

    ReplyDelete