These days a family with 4 kids is considered a BIG family. We have come to the place where 2 kids is the norm so when you have more than that you get some comments. Such as ,"Boy you have your hands full!", " I bet your a busy mom!", and "Four kids, I'd hate to see your grocery bill!" These are just a few of the many and if you have more than 2 kids, you know exactly what I mean!
So today, Kyle had an orthodontist appointment which happens to be 1 1/2 hours away. And it was just him and I (Lindsey, too, but she can't help that she's a baby and goes every where with Mommy) No school for Bear today, just a trip to town. But it turned out to be more than that.
We got to town about 45 minutes before the appt. What do we do now? Definitely don't want to sit in the waiting room for that long!
So today, Kyle had an orthodontist appointment which happens to be 1 1/2 hours away. And it was just him and I (Lindsey, too, but she can't help that she's a baby and goes every where with Mommy) No school for Bear today, just a trip to town. But it turned out to be more than that.
We got to town about 45 minutes before the appt. What do we do now? Definitely don't want to sit in the waiting room for that long!
So we decided to run over to Barnes and Noble Bookstore. I could spend sooo much time in there. Ended up getting a book about raising rabbits and Gentle Ben (about the bear and boy who are friends) for Kyle.
Then off to the appt. which went well. He got some wires replaced and a new rubber chain to start pulling some teeth into place.
Then off to the appt. which went well. He got some wires replaced and a new rubber chain to start pulling some teeth into place.
After that went to Toys-R-Us. Didn't buy a thing but it was fun and entertaining walking around and checking it all out.
Then the sweetest thing... He considered Taco Bell but then My Bear decided to take me to Olive Garden for lunch because he knows: I like it, I almost never get to eat there, and I enjoy relaxing, sit down, and have someone-wait-on-me-for-a-change lunches.
We had a great time! Conversation with a 10 year old can be fun! And he beat me 2 out of 3 games of tic-tac-toe! We enjoyed our lunch and each other's company and stuffed ourselves until we were going to pop!
By then, our time was up and we needed to head for home, I should be there when the other kids get off the bus.
But days like this, when we can spend some one-on-one time (even because of an ortho appt) are precious.
I hope Bear enjoyed it as much as I did. We get to go and do it again in 4 weeks. I look forward to it!
Then the sweetest thing... He considered Taco Bell but then My Bear decided to take me to Olive Garden for lunch because he knows: I like it, I almost never get to eat there, and I enjoy relaxing, sit down, and have someone-wait-on-me-for-a-change lunches.
We had a great time! Conversation with a 10 year old can be fun! And he beat me 2 out of 3 games of tic-tac-toe! We enjoyed our lunch and each other's company and stuffed ourselves until we were going to pop!
By then, our time was up and we needed to head for home, I should be there when the other kids get off the bus.
But days like this, when we can spend some one-on-one time (even because of an ortho appt) are precious.
I hope Bear enjoyed it as much as I did. We get to go and do it again in 4 weeks. I look forward to it!
No comments:
Post a Comment