Thursday, October 23, 2008

Homemade Hot Chocolate


ok, I have to admit that most of the time we drink the gritty store bought envelopes of hot cocoa. But on those cold mornings when the kids are home from school and we have nothing to do but lounge around in our jammies, I'll make Homemade Hot Chocolate.
It's smooth and rich and soooo good!
The kids are home because of Parent/Teacher Conferences today , so we decided it was a great day for some good old-fashioned REAL hot chocolate!






In a medium saucepan, heat a heaping 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate pieces, 1/3 cup sugar, and 1/2 cup milk just until boiling; stirring constantly.


Slowly stir in 3 1/2 cups milk and heat until drinking temperature. We like to add a dash of peppermint extract to ours while it's heating. You could also add some cinnamon and nutmeg to make it spiced hot chocolate.


And of course, don't forget the marshmallows at the end.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa!
    I found you from a comment you left on Terri's blog. Thanks for this recipe for hot chocolate. We LOVE making this kind of thing. I lok forward to getting to know you and looking more at your blog!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete