Monday, October 6, 2008

The Beauty of Pickin' Apples


Tonight Kaycie and I went for a little walk down the road. The rain had let up and the sun was actually trying to peak out through the clouds.

Along the way we passed an apple tree full of ripe apples. The limbs were so heavy with the fruit that all I had to do was shake a branch and we had apples falling all around us! They are beautiful apples. Bright, cheery red!

I got to thinking how great life is for country kids! Most kids never get the opportunity to pick an apple right from the tree and bite in and enjoy the crisp freshness. Kaycie and I munched on a couple of them with juice running down our chins. Yum!

I gathered up a bunch and wrapped them in my sweatshirt to take home and fill the fruit bowl. They look so pretty there. No store-sprayed wax layer, just fresh from the tree beauties.

No comments:

Post a Comment