This morning has not been the best.
First of all, everyone seemed to be a little lazy about getting out of bed. Running behind always stresses me out!
We finally made it out the door, heading for school, when I realized Kyle has a field trip to the pumpin patch and he has no jacket or sweatshirt on!! It looks as if it will stay cold and possibly rain a little today. So a quick U-turn and back home. I ran in, grabbed a sweatshirt and back on the road again.
Got the kids to school. Started on my way home. And a little cat ran right in front of my van. I had no time to even touch my brakes. It was right in front of her home so I flipped another U-turn and went back. She was obviously dead so went to the door with tears in my eyes to tell the owner that I had just ran over her cat. Nobody was home. So my dilemma, what do I do now? Leave a note? Come back later? I feel awful even though there was nothing I could do.
So now here I am, hoping and praying that this is not how the rest of my day will go!
Sorry for the "downer" post today. Hopefully I can add a happier post later.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Lisa-
ReplyDeleteI hope your day got better. I will have to try those muffins for the family.
Love- Becky
Lisa,
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry about the cat. I hope the rest of your day went better.