Ok, I'm going to share a couple more recipes. This is what we had for dinner tonight and Yummy, it was good!
Pork Chop Supper:
6 pork loin chops (I used bone-in)
1/2 cup flour
2 tbsp oil
1-2 tsp dried thyme
salt & pepper
5-6 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes (I used Yukon Gold potatoes so I didn't peel)
5-6 carrots, sliced 1/4 inch thick
1 onion, cut into wedges
3 cups beef broth
Coat chops with flour and brown on both sides in heated oil. Sprinkle with thyme, salt, and pepper. Add potatoes, carrots, and onion. Pour broth over all: bring to boil. Reduce heat: Cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes until veggies are tender.
Apple Brown Betty:
6 slices white bread, toasted
3-4 cups peeled sliced baking apples
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon (I used a tad more)
1/4 cup butter, melted
half-and-half cream, optional
Tear toast into bite size pieces; place in a greased 2 qt. casserole. Top with apples. Combine sugars and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples. Drizzle with butter. Cover and bake at 350 for 1 hour, stirring after 30 minutes. Serve warm with cream on top.
The next time I make this Apple Brown Betty, I will double the recipe. It disappeared in no time flat at my house!! So good!
Let me know if you try any of the recipes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment