(for those of you who know better, you can't blame me for trying!)
ok,ok.... I'm actually 34 today!
It turned out to be a very nice day. The sun was out and the temp warmed up a bit this afternoon. The 3 older kids were at school so the baby and I spent the morning cleaning up a bit. Catching up on chores. Then she went down for a nap and the neighbor lady came over and we had a nice little chat.
After naptime, Lindsey and I headed outside. I mowed while she played with the dog.
I wish I had thought to take a picture of the butterfly bush in front of our front window ( before and after pics would have been good) . It was so big and overgrown that you couldn't see out. So I clipped and even got serious enough to use the hand saw on the bigger limbs.
Lindsey played away in her swing.
Wow, what a difference some pruning can make. We can use our front window as a window now, yeah!!
Just about the time the kids got home from school, Ken called and said he was birthday shopping and was also going to bring pizza home.
He talked to all the kids to find out what they wanted to get me for gifts.
I ended up getting a new toaster. Much needed! The old one was a gift for our wedding (14 1/2 years ago). I think we might get some money out of it if we take it to an antique store! Ken always teases that we have to start the toast before we start the bacon, it takes that long.
I also received some girly lotions, slipper socks, new frying pans (much needed also!) and biggest surprise was Ken making cheesecake for me!!! Yep, you heard me right! cheesecake, mind you it was the boxed no-bake kind but a huge step for him in the kitchen. And it turned out so yummy.
He made 2 kinds- strawberry and cherry. What a guy!
So overall my birthday was relaxing and very pleasant. I'm so full of pizza and cheesecake I feel ill. That's the best way to end a birthday!
Can you tell which is the old toaster?
No comments:
Post a Comment