I love this soup! It is so versatile, you can use whatever you have in the cupboard/fridge.
We just had this last night with some hot corn bread. Thought I'd share the "recipe".
In a large soup pot, saute chopped onion, chopped carrot, and chopped celery in some butter until crisp-tender. Add about 3-4 cups beef broth, 1 can tomato soup, 1 can kidney beans, 1 can corn, 1 can green beans, 1 can diced tomatoes (I use the kind with Italian seasoning), and 1 sliced smoked sausage, 1 small sliced zucchini. (Add any veggies that you like).
Bring to a boil. Add some macaroni and simmer until pasta is tender. Sometimes I will use cheese tortillini. If you need to add more liquid, just add a little water or more broth.
Season how you like, I use oregano, salt, pepper and a little thyme.
Enjoy!
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment