Romans 12:2
"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."
And in verse 9:
"Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good."
I've been thinking and pondering on these things lately. I have talked to the kids about not conforming to the world, but I wonder "Do they know how to do this?"
Have I instilled enough of "Jesus" into them that they will know how to not be conformed?
I know that my kids are not perfect but I also know that they have hearts of love. They care about people. I just pray that they can care about people without compromising their faith.
There is so much going on in this world that I would love to hide my kids away from and make sure they never have to confront it. This is not reasonable... they have to face evil and respond to it with a Christian attitude.
I love the part in verse 9 about clinging to what is good. I get mental pictures of me hanging onto Jesus' robe as the waves try to pull me under. Or reaching out for him as the worldly crowds gather and swarm around me. CLINGING! What a wonderful way to hang on!
Are my kids prepared to CLING?
I hope that our family will all cling together... I hope that not one of us will conform to this world.
So, just my thoughts this morning.
Keep CLINGING!!
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Im going to keep Clinging. Thanks fo the thought.
ReplyDeleteMarla
Awsome word this morning sis.
ReplyDeleteI have tried " Clinging" on to other things ( The World) and every time they just took me further and further down. Jesus is the only answer and our only Solid Rock that we have to hold on to.