There is something about going home that relieves a homesick heart but also makes it worse. I'm not sure how that works. I just know it does.
The kids and I went to visit the grandparents on Saturday and then today went to our home church and surprised everybody. It's only been 4 months since we've moved away, but in some ways it seems like 4 years. It was so great to see friends and people that mean so much to us!
By 3:00 I knew that the time had come to say goodbye again and get on the road for the 2.5 hour drive home. It was a difficult thing to do, I didn't want to get in the car and leave and yet I know that our new home is where God wants us for now.
I wish I could see into His plans for our family in the future. I hope and pray that it will lead us back home. I don't know. What I'm sure of is that all I can do is follow His lead and try to obey Him in all ways. It's not always the easiest thing to do!
So tonight I sit here thinking over our day. God has blessed me with the best friends in the world! I'm so fortunate that they love me and my family and welcome us with open arms. Without friends, life would be so lonely and I'm thankful for technology today that allows us to keep in touch so easily. But nothing replaces the feel of hugs and the image of smiles and the sound of laughter when friends are together.
So for those of you who we visited today and the ones that we didn't get to see, just know that I love you all. I appreciate each one of you and thank God for the gift of your friendship.
Until we see each other again,
Lisa
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm glad you had a fun time visiting with everyone. Goodbyes are always hard.
ReplyDelete~Kelli
Lisa-
ReplyDeleteIt was so good to see you yesterday. I can't believe how much the kids have grown. Come back for a visit soon.
Becky
You made me Tear up. I miss you and thanks for going to lunch with us.
ReplyDeleteMarla