Tuesday, October 14, 2008

To Quilt or Not To Quilt?


I have decided to tackle one of those projects that I've always wanted to do (and actually complete!). For years I've wanted to start quilting but for all kinds of reasons just haven't ever taken the leap.

So today on a last minute trip to town, I felt the car pulling towards an adorable quilting shop that I have never been to. I walked in and immediately was overwhelmed and mesmorized by bolt after bolt of beautiful fabric.

I eventually chose to do a small sampler quilt as my first project. It helps to learn different techniques and block styles.

The hard part was picking out the color scheme. Oh my, what a choice!
I finally decided on a pretty combination of rose, pink, cream, and sage green.

So here I go! Another adventure in "homemaking"!
Kaycie will be my assistant as she loves doing anything crafty!

I'll keep you updated on progress.

2 comments:

  1. Lisa, your quilt is going to be beautiful!
    I'm so glad to be able to read your blog... seems like a window into the beauty of your heart.
    Love to you and your precious family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, lisa, lisa! So I dont know if you know this but awhile back I was going to make a quilt..... but it just didnt work out for me! So I hope you have better luck with it! Which I think you will because you have lots more patiencs than me!
    Love your little sis,
    Jordy!

    ReplyDelete