Friday, October 24, 2008

Todays Update

Today has been a good day!

The boys had pooled their money together to buy a new Playstation game (Prince Caspian :Chronicles of Narnia) and Kaycie has picked out some fabric to start a Big Block quilt of her own. Because of this, they were all more than willing to get chores done early this morning so they could move on to their fun "projects".
I've never had the chore list get done quite as fast as it did this morning! I did have to resend Kyle back to a room he didn't sweep well and Ryan forgot to clean the sink in the bathroom (all in their huge hurry, I'm sure). All in all, they did a great job.
I always love it when everybody pitches in to get the chores done sooner.
Windows got washed, bedrooms vaccumed, bathrooms cleaned, floors swept and mopped, laundry put away, shelves and electronics dusted, and dishes done. Can you believe that!!!?
The boys were allowed to play the new game for awhile. And Kaycie and I had a sewing lesson. She was soooo excited! Here are some pictures of the learning:

I had her practice on some scrap fabric. She did a really good job. Her foot wanted to press the pedal a little too hard a couple of times but she finally got the hang of it.

Here are the fabrics she chose. Can you tell which one was the inspiration fabric? (Horses, of course!!)

Here she is actually sewing ALL BY HERSELF!! My little homemaker in training!

The first completed row of Big Blocks. yeah!

Here are a couple of pictures of Kaycie and Lindsey cuddled up in the sunshine reading books. Just because it's cute.



Then tonight Ryan had a local TV performance with his African Drumming Club. So we went to the TV studio and they did a great job. But as I went to get my camera, waddya know, I had forgotten it in the car!! So I'll hopefully get some pictures of his drumming in the near future to share with you. Now that I think of it, they probably wouldn't have wanted me to take pictures in the studio anyway. The flash may have interfered with their cameras.

2 comments:

  1. Lisa,

    Your children are beautiful! Good job on the sewing lesson and my daughter would love those fabrics. She's into horses too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job Kaycie!!!
    Love, G & G Otis

    ReplyDelete