Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Where Does The Time Go?


When did it happen? When did he grow into a young man? When was it that he became as tall as I am? When did his feet get larger than mine? Did I blink too long? Did I turn around for one minute?

12 1/2 years. That's how long it has been. Since I pained and pushed this life, this baby boy, into the world. 12 1/2 years of those huge blue eyes, so expressive, so thoughtful. 12 1/2 years of training him, teaching him to be a gentleman.

Oh, it scares me. If time has gone so quickly these 12 1/2 years, just how much quicker will it go the next 6. Will I blink again and he'll be at college? My heart aches with the thought of him not welcoming me each morning with a hug and "I love you, Mom." It aches thinking of that night when he doesn't want me to tuck him into bed and kiss his cheek.

What a blessing. What a special beginning to our family.

Ryan. My son. My young man. My little perfectionist. My eldest.
I LOVE YOU!

p.s. Thanks for the squeeze hugs every night! Thanks for hanging on until I tickle your armpit to make you let go.

pictures were taken on the bus during a school field trip.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice Lisa. I can really tell your children are truly love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time sure does seem to fly by with our children doesn't it. I dread the day they are gone as well.Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for visiting and posting my giveaway on your blog..I have entered you for another chance to win.

    Good LUCK!!!

    Hugs~

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete