Found this in the back of my recipe shelf, shoved behind some other cookbooks. It comes from the Betty Crocker Quick-to-Fix Casserole book. I did take a picture, but for some reason it looked awful. So no pic for this one, sorry!
1 lb boneless sirloin, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 cup sliced onion
3 medium carrots, sliced
salt and pepper
1 cup fresh mushrooms (I didn't have any, so that was left out)
1 1/2 cup tomato pasta sauce (just regular spaghetti sauce)
mashed potatoes
parmesan cheese
In a large skillet, cook beef, carrots and onions until beef cubes are browned. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in mushrooms and pasta sauce. heat to boil. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes for sauce to thicken a bit. Spread in a greased 2 or 3 qt. casserole dish. (I used the 11x9x2 size). Spoon the potatoes by the moundful on top of the beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered at 375 for 30 minutes or until bubbly and the potatoes begin to brown.
I will leave you with this picture though:
Bear all dressed up and ready to go crow hunting in the field!! What a boy!
Sounds good. I just picked up 300Kgs! of our own beef from the butcher yesterday. Just what I need, a new receipe.
ReplyDeleteThis is what I love. i don't have the time to find new recipes. And to know if they're going to turn out good. so I can just jump on here and look at yours, then walla time and taste buds saved! LOL!
ReplyDelete