Yesterday we drove north up the coast. The weather was actually pretty nice until we decided to get out and walk around the fish hatchery that my Dad worked at when I was growing up. Then it started to downpour!! I was hoping to get some pictures of the salmon and the hatchery but we ended up just trying to stay dry under the building eaves. Oh well.
Being there did bring back alot of memories that I was able to share with the kids. I think they enjoyed it.
Then for lunch we went to The Otis Cafe! Yum. I remember being a little girl and sitting on the tall bar stools at the counter and having homemade pie. It's a teeeny-tiny place (only 5 tables!) but they still make all their bread homemade and the pies are wonderful. They are locally famous for their great breakfasts.
I took this pic of the kids standing under the Otis Cafe sign. For those of you who know us personally, you'll know why I did that!

This next picture was just one I took tonight during the sunset. For some reason, I have always loved to look at trees silhouetted against the sky.
A little view from our neck of the woods!
Very nice pictures. I just love all that God created for us to enjoy.
ReplyDeleteI wish I could try out the Otis Cafe! It looks like a fun place. :)
ReplyDeleteLisa - I want to send you something quilty. Email me your address at smartmom @ gmail .com
I so want to go to the Otis Cafe! the Otis Cafe that I used to go to was awesome, but exclusive ;) ~ Myn
ReplyDelete